Advisor for e-Learning Development
The Catholic University of Mozambique (Universidade Católica de Moçambique - UCM) is searching for eLearning Developer and Project Manager experienced in advising the design, development, delivery, and evaluation of distance learning curricula.
The aim of the technical assistance is to drive the development of solutions for training and support of the Centre for Distance Education (CED). The ideal candidate will provide direction relative to the methods, tools, technologies and processes for developing innovative, efficient and effective distance e-learning solutions. The advisor will work directly with directors the “Centro de Ensino a distância” CED, based in Beira, 1500 teachers of up to 14 faculties located in different provinces, 200 technicians of the CED and associated faculties and 20 course coordinators of involved faculties which provide e-learning content. The beneficiaries are more than17.0000 Students, many of them coming from remote areas, which formerly didn’t gain access due to lack of learning materials offered over the internet.
E-learning developer/designer with conceptual skills; Pedagogue with profound experience in the area of distance learning and/or digitalized knowledge management Systems.
- Conduct needs assessments to identify training and non-training solutions to address performance gaps.
- Recommend appropriate training solution for coordinators and support staff.
- Advise the program design strategy and the development of materials in collaboration with Pedagogic Director.
- Advise the design and development of process for eLearning and blended learning solutions, including instructional writing, activity creation, simulations and demonstrations.
- Create and maintain authoring storyboard templates used by content subject matter experts and apply adult learning theory to the creation of eLearning and blended learning solutions.
- Assist in publishing content for deployment on a Learning Management System (currently Moodle) and mobile devices.
- Support deliverables of project teams, ensuring high-quality results within given time frames and given budget and resource parameters.
- Guide teams through project development by using basic project planning tools and recommend accurate and concise project plan.
Relationship management and leadership:
- Maintains constructive working relationships with management, subject matter experts and peers across the University knowledge acquisition and content validation.
- Assist and consults with senior management on business learning solutions needs.
- Work with the implementation teams and outsourced external partners to ensure the ongoing development of the appropriate learning solutions, tools and components of training to meet the needs of CED.
- Provide scientific assistance and guidance in conducting research on e-learning systems as a viable future alternative of academic education in Mozambique.
- At least 2 years of experience in instructional design and project management including the design and development of e-learning, self-paced blended learning solutions and knowledge management systems.
- Bachelor’s degree in in Adult Education, eLearning, Instructional Design, Knowledge management systems or a related field. A Master degree in a related field is an asset.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills in English and preferably in Portuguese or Spanish.
- An in-depth competency with the design and development of instructional systems and learning materials (including e-learning).
- Ability to use rapid development approach and tools for quick deployment of solutions.
- Possess strong project management and problem solving skills and the ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Experience in learning management systems (LMS), using modern internet technologies and being proficient in Office-IT-solutions.
- Flash and HTML5 development experience for mobile deployment is an asset.
- Graphic Design and Web Development background is an asset.
For further information on the project environment please click at the pdf-document.