Who we are looking for?
The technical assistance programme is an effective instrument to develop the capacities of partner organisations and target groups in the Global South. With the targeted deployment of qualified technical advisors, we not only analyse, uncover and further develop the locally available potential of the people and organisations in the Global South, but also encourage the staff we send abroad to continue learning and developing their skills.
Those who are interested in one of the job opportunities offered by HORIZONT3000 should have undergone professional training and have at least two years of professional experience in the area we are hiring. Social and intercultural skills and team spirit are also crucial factors for successful cooperation in the partner countries.
You are the right candidate for us if …
- you are interested in development policy and social engagement
- you are team player and willing to work with our partners at equal footing
- you respect other cultures and are open-minded enough to dive right into them
- you are tolerant, patient and perseverant, have self-initiative and a sense of responsibility
- you are flexible and are willing to accept change
Also, you should …
- be fluent in German
- be at least 22 years old
- have a professional qualification
- have at least two years of work experience in the relevant field
- be willing to relocate for at least two years
Our on-site technical assistance projects run for at least two years and begin after two to three months of preparation training. Therefore, applicants must be willing to leave their familiar environment for this period of time. In some cases, depending on the needs on site, the projects might be extended beyond the two-year period.
We often look for technical advisors with consulting and/or pedagogic experience in the following areas:
- Organisational development
- Business administration / financial management
- Monitoring and evaluation
- Skilled crafts and trades (carpenters, joiners…)
- Public relations / communication
- IT / e-learning
- Agronomy / agriculture
- Marketing / sales
As all applicants must be fluent in german, you find further information, as well as all vacant positions on our german version of the homepage.